- Participate: Try spending just $3 per day on food or $21 a week, per person. Try it for a week or for just a meal - then write about your experiences.
- Create: Post a recipe that costs $1 per person and share it with the Food Bank to benefit our local community.
- Donate: Contribute to the Food Bank. Consider contributing the amount of cash you saved by spending only $21 on food for the week. For every $1 donated, the San Francisco Food Bank can provide $9 worth of food to the hungry.
- Advocate: Get your readers to take the challenge, too - and urge them to contact their elected officials about hunger issues.
- Fill a Plate: Join your fellow bloggers for a volunteer evening at the Food Bank, so you can help put more food on people's plates.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
We love our food in San Francisco - but there are thousands of people going hungry every day in this city. The average family living on food stamps has just $1 per person to spend on each meal. Want to help? Here's how:
Posted by San Francisco Food Bank at 4:20 PM