- Carrot Pieces. These are what's left over when "baby carrots" are whittled out of regular-size carrots. They're chunks about 2-3 inches long - and the Food Bank gets a lot of them!
- Onions. Whole onions. Nuff said.
- Cabbage. Regular green heads of cabbage, usually either too gigantic or too small for grocery stores.
- Cottage Cheese. At times, we get a lot of this - but many people don't know what to do with it.
- Rice. The most popular starch we distribute - but it has been really expensive lately. So if you can figure out a way to stretch it, cool!
- Beans. Dried beans are also popular, typically pinto beans.
Friday, September 5, 2008
When you're creating $1 per serving recipes, here are some ingredients you might consider. These items are often available to Food Bank Clients:
Posted by San Francisco Food Bank at 6:18 PM